Clinton Portis’ Bankruptcy
Clinton Portis, former NFL running back, has finalized an outstanding debt of approximately $190,000 with a New Jersey casino.
The Borgata casino in Atlantic City gave Portis a two hundred thousand line of credit. Since Portis had just signed a contract with the Washington Redskins for $8 million, obtaining the credit was not an issue, but then came unsuccessful contract negotiations with the Skins. As a result, the casino received six bounced checks.
- Mortgage ‘deficiencies’: $1,223,000
- Reporter Nischelle Turner: $500,000
- His mother Rhonnel Hearn: $500,000
- Domestic support payment: $412,000
- Internal Revenue Service: $390,000 (disputed)
- Bank of America: $162,000
- MGM Grand: $287,000
- Cars including BMW, Audi and Dodge Ram: $175,000
- Borgata Hotel, Casino and Spa: $170,000
- Law Offices: $80,000
- Verizon Wireless: $899
Alexander Hernandez, Esq.
Celebrity Chef Mike Isabella has filed bankruptcy due to sexual harassment lawsuits.
Mattress retailer filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, closing hundreds of stores before the holidays.
One of the Trustees in the Southern District of Florida in Miami, always starts the 341 meetings by stating that he has caught prior debtors committing fraud and they have been sentenced to jail.
Alexander Hernandez has been representing clients since 1999 in the areas of bankruptcy, family law, and personal injury.
Jacksonville, Florida Office -904-602-5418
Miami, Florida Office 305-688-LAWS (5297)