CNN’s Jim Acosta is Back
U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly who was appointed by Trump last year to the federal trial bench, has granted CNN’s request to temporarily reinstate Jim Acosta’s White House press pass which had been suspended indefinitely by President Trump.
“I want to thank all of my colleagues in the press who supported us this week, and I want to thank the judge for the decision he made today. Let’s go back to work!” Jim Acosta.
Of course, Sarah Huckabee Sanders in her consistency of lying, half-truths, and exaggerations, said another falsehood.
“Today, the court made clear that there is no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House. In response to the court, we will temporarily reinstate the reporter’s hard pass. We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future. “There must be decorum at the White House.”
The Judge’s ruling makes no mention of what Sanders is talking about since the Judge ruled narrowly on Acosta’s Fifth Amendment right to due process. There’s also the hypocrisy of Sanders mentioning “decorum” in the White House.
Then again, what can we expect from Sanders who releases a video from Alex Jones’ Infowars which sped up the video to make it look like Acosta was being aggressive. Even White House counselor Kellyanne Conway agreed that the video had been sped up.
Even Judge Kelly mentioned that there was no touching by Acosta of the woman that reached across his torso to grab the microphone from his hand. Another day full of lies in the Trump White House.
Alexander Hernandez, Esq.
President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern…
— Sarah Sanders (@PressSec) November 8, 2018
CNN- Jim Acosta Sue Trump
After White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders posted a doctored video (Infowars video that was sped up to make Acosta look more aggressive) of the interaction between CNN’s Jim Acosta and President Trump and the delusional belief that Acosta in any way committed assault on the “mic girl,” CNN has responded with a lawsuit based on Acosta’s First Amendment rights being violated.
Acosta had what is called a “hard pass” revoked last week and he posted the interaction on Twitter.
In the lawsuit, there are six defendants: Trump, chief of staff John Kelly, press secretary Sarah Sanders, deputy chief of staff for communications Bill Shine, Secret Service director Joseph Clancy, and the Secret Service officer who took Acosta’s hard pass away last Wednesday.
As always, the President contradicts himself and said in a prior interview with CNN that he would not revoke or kick out reporters. The White House has already done so with Kaitlan Collins and during Trump’s campaign, he did it with Jorge Ramos. Trump even went so far as banning Univision from playing golf at Trump Doral, regardless of the fact that 99.99% of the employees couldn’t afford to play there anyway, but it made Trump feel better I’m sure.
Famed First Amendment attorney Floyd Abrams, did say earlier this week that CNN would have a strong case against the President because of the protocols involved, referring to the case of Robert Sherrill which dates back to 1977.
In addition, Federal Regulations states that “in granting or denying a request for a security clearance made in response to an application for a White House press pass, officials of the Secret Service will be guided solely by the principle of whether the applicant presents a potential source of physical danger to the President and/or the family of the President so serious as to justify his or her exclusion from White House press privileges.”
CNN has always been a target of President Trump, whether individual reporters such as April Ryan whom Trump called a “loser” last week, and even denying the Time-Warner CNN/ATT merger which experts on anti-trust law agreed that similar mergers known as vertical acquisitions are always approved. Trump lost that lawsuit and will lose this one. Actually, he’s been losing just about every lawsuit, especially the ones that pertain to immigration.
If the Jim Acosta video and tweet does not appear below, follow this link to Acosta’s Twitter feed.
Alexander Hernandez, Esq.
The US Secret Service just asked for my credential to enter the WH. As I told the officer, I don’t blame him. I know he’s just doing his job. (Sorry this video is not rightside up) pic.twitter.com/juQeuj3B9R
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) November 8, 2018