Coffee and Headline News- No Collusion, Michael Cohen, Sears, and More Lies
Monday mornings are never easy. Take a deep breath, inhale the delicious aroma of your freshly brewed coffee, and let’s go over today’s headline news.
In an interview with 60 Minutes, President Trump refused to pledge that he would not fire Special Counsel Mueller.
“I don’t want to pledge. Why should I pledge to you? If I pledge, I’ll pledge. I don’t have to pledge to you. But I have no intention of doing that.”
Trump went on to say it would not be his intent to fire Mueller, that there was no collusion with Russia, and China was also involved in the hacking of our elections. Note- the intelligence community has not said China was involved, only Russia.
Michael Cohen is Done with Trump
Remember breaking-up with an ex and you throw everything out that he/she gave you but there is always that one thing you hold on to, until finally you throw that out, too? Well, Michael Cohen just did that by changing his party affiliation from Republican to Democrat. Of course, once he gets convicted, he won’t be voting anymore, but the gesture is understood.
Sears Files for Bankruptcy
In post last week, I mentioned Sears’ looming bankruptcy due to a $134 million debt payment that was due today. Unable to meet that payment, Sears filed for bankruptcy this morning.
Forty-six stores are expected to close this month and 142 more before the end of the year.
Another Liar in the White House
Last week I wrote about the 2020 U.S. Census and the issue of a question regarding citizenship. We all know why that question is there, but more importantly, the issue is how did it get there.
The Democrats who have filed a lawsuit because of the citizenship question, want to take the deposition of Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross since Democrats are saying he committed perjury.
Grace Meng (D-NY) is demanding the Justice Department investigate Ross for lying to Congress. When Ross testified before Congress, he stated he didn’t know how the citizenship question for the U.S. Census came into play, but emails indicate otherwise.
“He lied to my face and made multiple statements about the request being originated from the Justice Department about the Voting Rights Act. It is clear now that this was a political move as we have seen multiple pieces of evidence and he lied to my face when I asked him about that question.”- Grace Meng.
Saudi Arabia Threatens Back
With the possible murder of U.S. resident and journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Turkey is blaming the Saudis. The catch: there is a pending arms deal worth billions of dollars to the United States and while the President has not mentioned publicly delaying or canceling the deal, he is under heavy pressure to do so. However, Trump has stated there will be “severe punishment” if the Saudis were involved.
Saudi Arabia has responded to the threats by saying that if it “receives any action, it will respond with greater action.”
Record Number Turnout for the Midterm Elections
Unless you live in a cave with no WiFi, we all know the importance of the midterm elections for both Democrats and Republicans.
A new poll by the Washington Post-ABC News has seventy-seven percent of registered voters saying they are certain to vote in the upcoming midterms.
Even former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen said publicly that this “might be the most important in our lifetime” as it pertains to the midterms.
Take that list sip of coffee, get ready for work, and have a good day.
Alexander Hernandez, Esq.
With a large upcoming debt payment due, Sears is close to filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Pending lawsuits focusing on the 2020 U.S. Census will result before Justice Kavanaugh and the U.S. Supreme Court.
October 12, 2018
- President Trump meets with Kid Rock and Kanye West at the White House
- The wrath of Hurricane Michael
- Facebook shuts down 800 more pages that spread fake news caused by Americans
- The most bullied person in the world is—-
- Turkey has audio and video of journalist Jamal Khashoggi being murdered in the consulate in Saudi Arabia
- Voter purge on a massive scale in Georgia against African Americans
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions is running out of time
- Details revealed in court filing of U.S. 2020 Census
- Robert Mueller waiting on President Trump to answer questions in writing
- Hillary Clinton fires back at President Trump
October 11, 2018
- Hurricane Michael slams the Florida panhandle
- The Post Office looking to increase the price of stamps
- The Student loan debt crisis hits another high/low
- The FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh was limited in scope
- Ethics Complaints surround Justice Kavanaugh
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and former FBI Director Andrew McCabe had it out
- Guess who colluded with Russia? Hillary Clinton per President Trump
October 10, 2018
- Hurricane Michael is now a Category 4 hurricane as it barrels towards the Florida panhandle
- President Trump calls Democrats “unhinged,” “wacko” and radicals not fit to lead
- New York City now has a third option for gender on birth certificates
October 9, 2018
- Florida prepares for Hurricane Michael
- Brett Kavanaugh has swearing-in ceremony with President Trump
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warns we are reaching the point of no return with climate change and global warming
- Due to a data breach, Google plus is closing its doors
Alexander Hernandez has been representing clients since 1999 in the areas of bankruptcy, family law, and personal injury.
Jacksonville, Florida Office -904-602-5418
Miami, Florida Office 305-688-LAWS (5297)