Coffee & Morning Headline News- Kid Rock, Kanye, Hurricane Michael, FLOTUS, and Hillary Clinton
Good morning. We made it through another week, but trust me, you need coffee. Hurry up, get some and let’s review today’s headline news.
The White House Band
What a disaster and joke was the meeting between President Trump, Kanye West and Kid Rock. For one, a reporter yells out if Jeff Sessions should be fired. Kid Rock replied to the reporter that President Trump should fire him. Not only is that an incredibly childish response, but last time I checked, the media doesn’t work for President Trump.
At least he was quick, unlike the never-ending rant, I mean monologue by West. And then people say Hollywood is a bunch of liberals when they criticize the President. I guess they don’t see the hypocrisy of that statement.
The Wrath of Hurricane Michael
Six dead, more than one million residents without power, and Mexico Beach has been wiped off the map.
Fake Pages on Facebook Run by Americans
Facebook is removing 800 pages and accounts run by Americans which are spreading lies. Great. They should also start with individuals who spread those fake memes.
And the Award for the Most Bullied Person in the World Goes to-
Well, that’s what she says.
Journalist Jamal Khashoggi
This is the story that has the world watching. President Donald Trump has already said he won’t stop sales of U.S. arms to Saudi Arabia even though it looks like the Saudi’s were involved in the murder of the Khashoggi. But now, the Turkish government has told U.S. officials they have audio and video recordings that prove Khashoggi was killed inside the Saudi consulate.
Georgia Voter Purge
Voter purge is an issue that I believe doesn’t gets enough attention in the media, even though I see on social media people claiming their names have been purged from the voter rolls. Now in Georgia it seems the purge focuses mostly on African Americans.
More than 53,000 names were purged and 70 percent of them were black people, this based on an analysis by the Associated Press.
Tick. Tock. Jeff Sessions
Reports continue to come out that President Trump is looking to replace Attorney General Jeff Sessions. These reports have been around for a while, but now names are coming out as well.
Possible successors President Trump is considering: retired federal appeals judge Janice Rogers Brown, transportation department counsel Steven Bradbury, Health and Human Services secretary Alex Azar, deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan, and Bill Barr, who served as attorney general under President George H.W. Bush.
Just this past week, Senator Graham said President Trump joked with him about replacing Jeff Sessions, now it is being reported Trump spoke to Sessions’ Chief of Staff about the position.
2020 U.S. Census
Yesterday, I wrote a post on the issue of the 2020 census and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross wanting a question on citizenship on the census. The court filing on one of the dozens of lawsuits pending on this issue can be found here.
Pending lawsuits focusing on the 2020 U.S. Census will result before Justice Kavanaugh and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Robert Mueller and President Trump
Finally, President Trump will be answering questions in writing to Robert Mueller’s team. Fifteen questions have been submitted to Trump and his legal team.
Hillary Clinton Fires Back at President Trump
Now that President Trump continues to lie at his cult rallies, I know that is nothing new, but now he is saying that Hillary Clinton and the Democrats colluded with Russia. I know, it makes no sense. Clinton responded on Twitter.
Alexander Hernandez, Esq.
Seriously, you asked Russia to hack me on national television. https://t.co/YPktJyQ7Gx
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) October 11, 2018
October 11, 2018
- Hurricane Michael slams the Florida panhandle
- The Post Office looking to increase the price of stamps
- The Student loan debt crisis hits another high/low
- The FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh was limited in scope
- Ethics Complaints surround Justice Kavanaugh
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and former FBI Director Andrew McCabe had it out
- Guess who colluded with Russia? Hillary Clinton per President Trump
October 10, 2018
- Hurricane Michael is now a Category 4 hurricane as it barrels towards the Florida panhandle
- President Trump calls Democrats “unhinged,” “wacko” and radicals not fit to lead
- New York City now has a third option for gender on birth certificates
October 9, 2018
- Florida prepares for Hurricane Michael
- Brett Kavanaugh has swearing-in ceremony with President Trump
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warns we are reaching the point of no return with climate change and global warming
- Due to a data breach, Google plus is closing its doors
October 8, 2018
- Taylor Swift speaks out politically for the first time in her career
- Stormy Daniels bumps into Michael Cohen at the aiport
- Justice Brett Kavanaugh starts hearing cases this week