Coffee & Morning Headline News- Migrant Caravan, Khashoggi, Birthright Citizenship, Happy
Good morning. With the first day of November already here and Halloween gone, let’s review today’s headline news.
Now President Trump is saying he is sending up to 15,000 troops to the U.S.-Mexican border.
“We’ll go up to anywhere between 10 and 15,000 military personnel on top of Border Patrol, ICE and everybody else at the border. Nobody’s coming in. We’re not allowing people to come in.”
If we need 15,000 trained military personnel to stop a couple of thousand mothers with babies, either our military lacks training, or Trump keeps making this a focal point of the midterm elections to rally his base. I’m going with the latter.
Besides, Trump keeps saying he is stopping the migrants from coming in. The military has ZERO authority to do so. There are there simply to “assist.”
Operation Faithful Patriot is heading to a border town near you. What does it mean? Nothing really. It’s just for show.
The murder of Jamal Khashoggi is nothing short of gruesome. Turkish officials who have been correct from day one, are saying that Khashoggi was strangled, his body dismembered and now, his remains were potentially destroyed in acid.
More Birthright Citizenship Nonsense
Since Vice President Mike Pence’s job is to repeat everything the President says, he stated that the Supreme Court “has never ruled on whether or not the language of the 14th Amendment — ‘subject to the jurisdiction thereof’ — applies specifically to people who are in the country illegally.”
That is true, but going back to 1898 in United States v. Wong Kim Ark, the Supreme Court ruled that those born in the United States are citizens. And the best part, they aren’t here “illegally” because, well… they were born here.
Of course, my favorite part of all this is the social media lawyers that say there is no mention of birthright citizenship in the Constitution. So, this morning I did some research. Apparently, the Fourth Amendment doesn’t mention laptop computers or cars and trucks. It’s called “interpretation” of the law by the judiciary.
Pharrell NOT Happy
Pharrell Williams belongs to an exclusive club joined by Steven Tyler, Adele, Queen, Prince, and Earth, Wind & Fire. It’s called the “cease and desist club.”
Pharell has sent a cease and desist letter to President Trump for using his song “Happy” at a campaign rally in Indiana. I’m thinking Pharrell should write another blockbuster called “Sad.”
Of course, tone deaf Trump who has about as much empathy as a rock, played the song after visiting Pittsburgh hours earlier where the mass shooting took place at the Tree of Life synagogue. No officials were present to greet Trump when he arrived because… well he was told not to come.
In part, the letter reads:
“On the day of the mass murder of 11 human beings at the hands of a deranged ‘nationalist,’ you played [Pharrell’s] song ‘Happy’ to a crowd at a political event in Indiana. There was nothing ‘happy’ about the tragedy inflicted upon our country on Saturday and no permission was granted for your use of this song for this purpose.”
Have a great day.
Alexander Hernandez, Esq.
October 31, 2018
- President Trump is getting sued for a pyramid scheme involving telephone company ACN.
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announces a website to report hate crimes.
- President Trump promising to keep asylum seekers in tent cities until their cases are resolved.
- President Trump sues Stormy Daniels for attorney’s fees.
- The media is not the enemy of the people says Trump.
October 30, 2018
- Funerals begin today for some of the victims of the Pittsburgh mass shooting at Tree of Life Synagogue. President Trump will be traveling to Pittsburgh even though leaders of the Jewish community and the Mayor have asked for him not to.
- Operation Faithful Patriot begins November 5, the day before the midterm elections.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer in a rush to answer Robert Mueller’s questions.
- CNN’s Jim Acosta asks Sarah Sanders to specifically name reporters and/or media outlets that are creating fake news and are the enemy of the people.
October 29, 2018
- The nation mourns after the mass shooting by Robert Bowers at the Pittsburgh synagogue Tree of Life.
- Jewish leaders tell President Trump he is not welcomed in Pittsburgh until he denounces white nationalism.
- Mail bomber Cesar Sayoc will make his first court appearance today.
- George Papadopoulos is testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee and continues to state he is thinking of withdrawing his plea deal.
- Popular online booking site has Democrats losing the House and the 2020 Presidential election.
- Ron DeSantis rallies now have “lock him up” chants.
Alexander Hernandez represents clients in the areas of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Family Law/Divorce, and car and motorcycle accidents.
(904) 712-5565 or (305)-688-LAWS (5297).