Coffee & Morning Headlines- Midterm Election Results
Coffee! Lot’s of it. No doubt the country will be a little sluggish this morning after yesterday’s votes were counted in the midterm elections. So, who won? Who lost? Let’s go over some of the races that have been confirmed.
Democrat Gavin Newsom will replace Jerry Brown as the next governor of California. But, not all is good in California. Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter who is currently indicted for using campaign funds for his personal use, his wife, too and who Hunter blames, defeated Ammar Campa-Najjar.
Hunter’s campaign focused on calling Campa-Najjar a “radical Muslim” who is a threat to national security.
Somehow, Devin Nunes kept his seat, defeating Democratic prosecutor Andrew Janz.
You got to love Colorado. It started with marijuana and now the state has its first openly gay governor. Of course, the anti-LGBTQ will probably say the state is going to hell, just like others did when marijuana was legalized. Now, every state is rushing to be the next Colorado.
My home state gets mini-me Trump with Ron DeSantis. His entire campaign was like the “be like Mike” Nike commercials back in the day with Michael Jordan; be like Trump. The fact that in his campaign ads he was reading Trump’s “The Art of the Deal” to his daughter and his son is building a wall with toy bricks, should scare the hell out of you.
Wait and see. Of course, Brian Kemp is in charge of his own election. Let that sink in. Remember that time you were accused of a crime and you were allowed to be the judge, jury, and executioner? I’m exaggerating? Okay, explain why Kemp was running around two days before the midterms saying the Democrats hacked the election and opened an investigation?
Sharice Davids, a Native American female heads off to Congress. Laura Kelly also won the race for governor over Kris Kobach, a Trump ally.
Hats off, no never a MAGA hat, to Democrat Ayanna Pressley for a seat in the House, making her the first African-American women elected to Congress for the state.
Michigan elects Democrat Rashida Tlaib as the first Muslim woman elected to Congress.
Ilhan Omar is another Muslim woman elected to Congress. Also, Representative Jason Lewis from the 2nd Congressional District loses to Angie Craig who is openly gay.
Senator Menedez defeated Bob Hugin.
Democrat Deb Haaland is the first Native American female heading to Congress.
The youngest woman at the age of 29 gets elected to Congress with Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Republican Kevin Cramer defeated Heidi Heitkamp for the Senate seat, but that was expected after not supporting Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
Beto O’Rourke’s could not beat out “Texas” Ted Cruz, Trump’s new nickname for the incumbent senator. But, we do know that Beto is so “f-ing proud” of us. At least that is what he said in his emotional concession speech.
He’s back! Mitt Romney is now a senator from Utah. Romney has been no friend of Trump, so it will be fun to see how this works out. Romney is replacing Orrin Hatch who is retiring. Hatch should have retired thirty years ago.
Republican Governor Scott Walker lost to Democrat Tony Evers. Honestly, when President Trump started bashing Harley Davidson, I can’t say I didn’t see this coming.
Alexander Hernandez, Esq.
November 5, 2018
- The midterm elections are tomorrow and President Trump is hitting all the campaign stops.
- Without proof, the Secretary of State of Georgia who is running for Governor, accuses Democrats with ZERO proof that they hacked the elections.
- Trump tries to instill fear in Georgia voters by saying the whole state will become a sanctuary city.
- President Obama gets heckled at campaign rally in Florida for Andrew Gillum, but he heckles back.
November 2, 2018
- Trump calls the 14th Amendment and the citizenship clause a “crazy lunatic policy.” Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.
- President Trump says if migrants throw rocks, they will get shot.
- Trump’s racist political ad with Luis Bracamontes is full of lies.
- Guess who is to blame for the Mueller Russia probe? Former White House Counsel Don McGahn per President Trump.
- Donors of of Iowa’s Steve King are dropping out fast.
Alexander Hernandez represents clients in the areas of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Family Law/Divorce, and car and motorcycle accidents.
(904) 712-5565 or (305)-688-LAWS (5297).