The Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, Peter Buttigieg has just announced his 2020 presidential campaign, and that’s pretty awesome.
Buttigieg is the current mayor of South Bend, Indiana, he’s gay and thirty-seven years old.
“My generation is the generation that experienced school shootings beginning when I was in high school, the generation that fought in the post 9/11 wars, the first generation to have to deal with the reality of climate change, and the first generation not to be better off than our parents materially – if nothing changes.”
“If you are my age or younger, you were in high school when the school shootings became widespread, you’re going to be dealing with climate change for most of your adult life in specific, noticeable ways,” Buttigieg said in an interview with The Atlantic.
Buttigieg joins an ever growing list of Democrats:
- Senator Kamala Harris (CA),
- Senator Elizabeth Warren (MA),
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (NY),
- Representative Tulsi Gabbard (HI),
- former Representative John Delaney (MD),
- former West Virginia state senator Richard Ojeda,
- tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang.
- and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro.
Unfortunately, I already see hypocritical conservatives that were not concerned with President Trump’s personal life in making hush payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal will all of a sudden be concerned with Buttigieg’s personal life.
Show your support with as little as $1.00.
This post has been updated.
Help Share the Truth Liberally!