Source – Email U.S. District Court
Bankruptcy filings fell 0.3 percent for the 12-month period ending June 30, 2019, according to statistics released by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts. Annual bankruptcy filings totaled 773,361, compared with 775,578 cases in the year ending June 2018.
Business filings rose by 1.1 percent, just the third time since 2010 that business bankruptcies increased over a 12-month period. Non-business bankruptcy filings fell by 0.3 percent, the smallest percentage change since March 2011.
The following bankruptcy filings statistics tables are available:
- Business and non-business bankruptcy filings for the 12-month period ending June 30, 2019. (Table F-2, 12-Month);
- 2018 and 2019 Bankruptcy Cases Commenced, Terminated and Pending (Table F);
- 2019 third quarter filings (Table F-2, 3-Month), and filings by month (Table F-2, April, May, June);
- Bankruptcy filings by county (Table-F5A).
Alexander Hernandez represents clients in the areas of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Family Law/Divorce, and car and motorcycle accidents.
(904) 712-5565 or (305)-688-LAWS (5297).