President Trump Interview with Fox News
President Trump sure has some great quotes that either has you laughing, scratching your head, or crying.
In his latest interview with Fox News, President Trump did not let us down.
- “If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash. I think everybody would be very poor. Because without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn’t believe in reverse.”
Just excuses by the President preparing for the failure of his Tax Plan for the rich and his stupid trade war with the world. Like always, the President prepares for failure by pointing his finger at someone else. It’s also his way of getting the base excited and opposing his impeachment.
One question; everybody? Ivanka, Jared, Don, Jr.?
- “I don’t know how you can impeach somebody who’s done a great job.”
Impeachment has nothing to do with doing a great job or bad one, but obviously an opportunity to tout his make-believe achievements.
Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal
- “They weren’t taken out of campaign finance, that’s the big thing. That’s a much bigger thing. Did they come out of the campaign? They didn’t come out of the campaign; they came from me.”
Campaign finance violations don’t have a huge gaping loophole because the money comes out of one account instead of another. It’s based on receiving a benefit. There’s no denying President Trump received a benefit by shutting down these sexual affairs.
- “In fact, my first question when I heard about it was did they come out of the campaign because that could be a little dicey.” “And they didn’t come out of the campaign and that’s big. But they weren’t – that’s not a – it’s not even a campaign violation.”
So, something called a campaign violation is not a “violation.” Okay… Truth isn’t truth, I guess.
Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen
- “Cohen makes a better deal when he uses me, like everybody else. And one of the reasons I respect Paul Manafort so much is he went through that trial—you know they make up stories. People make up stories. This whole thing about flipping, they call it, I know all about flipping.”
I agree Mr. President, people make up stories, sometimes 7.5 times a day.
- “It almost ought to be outlawed. It’s not fair. Because if somebody’s going to give—spend five years like Michael Cohen, or 10 years, or 15 years in jail because of a taxi cab industry, because he defrauded some bank—the last two were tiny ones.”
- “You know, campaign violations are considered not a big deal, frankly. But if somebody defrauded a bank and he’s going to get 10 years in jail or 20 years in jail, but if you can say something bad about Donald Trump and you’ll go down to two or three years, which is the deal he made.”
So again, campaign violations, felonies, are not considered a big deal. Alrighty then. That explains why Paul Manfort is such a good man and NFL athletes are nothing but a bunch of “sons-of-bitches.”
- “I’ve seen it many times. I’ve had many friends involved in this stuff. It’s called flipping and it almost ought to be illegal.”
- “They make up things and now they go from 10 years to they’re a national hero. They have a statue erected in their honor. It’s not a fair thing, but that’s why Cohen did it.”
I’ll leave it up to the internet sleuths to find statues of flippers.
- “He was a lawyer for me, one of many. You know, they always say, ‘the lawyer,’ and then they like to add ‘the fixer.’” Well, I don’t know if he was a ‘fixer.’ I don’t know where that term came from. But he’s been a lawyer for me. Didn’t do big deals, did small deals. Not somebody that was with me that much.”
- “You know, they make it sound like I didn’t live with—without him. I understood Michael Cohen very well. He—well, it turned out he wasn’t a very good lawyer, frankly.”
I think it is very clearly documented how much time Cohen and Trump spent together. Tell you what, the phone records that Robert Mueller will or has subpoenaed will take care of that issue.
- “If you look at President Obama, he had a massive campaign violation but he had a different attorney general and they viewed it a lot differently.”
There is a partial truth to this, but President Obama had civil penalties not violations that are criminal in nature. President Obama’s campaigned failed to file the required documentation within forty-eight hours.
- “Jeff Sessions recused himself, which he shouldn’t have done. Or he should have told me.” Even my enemies say that Jeff Sessions should have told you that he was going to recuse himself and then you wouldn’t have put him in. He took the job and then he said I’m going to recuse myself. I said, ‘what kind of man is this?’”
I don’t understand constantly throwing your staff under the bus, but, then again, I’m not an authoritarian, misogynistic, ego-maniac. Maybe in the next life.
- “If you look at Hillary Clinton’s person, you take a look at the people that work for Hillary Clinton, and look at the crimes that Clinton did with the emails and she deletes 33,000 emails after she gets a subpoena from Congress, and this Justice Department does nothing about it and all of the other crimes that they’ve done.”
Like I have posted on social media before, talking about and focusing on Hillary Clinton is like always talking about your ex-wife. Move on. Get therapy. Live in the present.
By the way, the President gives himself a grade of A +. Probably the only A+ he has ever received.
Alexander Hernandez, Esq.
This post has been updated.
Alexander Hernandez has been representing clients since 1999 in the areas of bankruptcy, family law, and personal injury.
Jacksonville, Florida Office -904-602-5418
Miami, Florida Office 305-688-LAWS (5297)