Women Have the Highest Student Loan Debt
The Federal Reserve has released new data regarding the student loan debt crisis. Per the data, out of $1.4 trillion debt pertaining to student loans, women have approximately $900 billion.
American Association of University Women (AAUW)
The AAUW provided insight as to why women carry the more debt that their male counterparts.
- More women are attending college than men.
- Fifty-six percent of those in college are women.
- Women are borrowing more than men. The AAUW’s found that 41% of female undergraduates obtain student loans while only 35% of men.
- Upon graduation, women have $2,700 more in student loan balances than males. That may be related to higher degree pursuits by females.
- Income inequality.
- Women may take more time off from their careers due to maternity leave and raising a family.
Representing clients in the areas of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Family Law/Divorce, and car and motorcycle accidents for 20 years.
(904) 712-5565 or (305)-688-LAWS (5297).
*Se Habla Español