After cancer surgery and recuperating at home, an article by Politico reports that the White House is already preparing for a replacement for Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
According to Politico, the list reportedly includes these judges:
• Judge Amy Coney Barrett, who was confirmed in October 2017 to the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals at Chicago.
• Judge Joan Larsen who was confirmed to the 6th Circuit at Cincinnati in October 2017.
• Judge Amul Thapar who was confirmed to the 6th Circuit in May of 2017.
• Judge Raymond Kethledge of the 6th Circuit is Justice Kennedy’s former clerk. Considering the connections between Justice Kennedy and President Trump, this is definitely a possible choice since both Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh were also clerks for Kennedy.
• Judge Britt Grant who is on the 11th Circuit in Atlanta.
• Judge Thomas Hardiman of the 3rd Circuit at Philadelphia and Neomi Rao who replaced Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
You know what the Democrats have to do? Block any appointment by President Trump, but the question is how.
Next month on February 7th as I wrote about in a prior post, Michael Cohen is scheduled to testify before Congress.
If Michael Cohen names President Trump as Individual 1, then we go from an un-indicted co-conspirator in President Trump, to a named co-conspirator.
I believe the Democrats can use Cohen’s testimony to prevent any further judicial appointments.
Alexander Hernandez, Esq.
Share the Truth Liberally!
Alexander Hernandez has been representing clients since 1999 in the areas of bankruptcy, family law, and personal injury.
Jacksonville, Florida Office -904-602-5418
Miami, Florida Office 305-688-LAWS (5297)